The North Shore Crisis Services Society has been operating SAGE House, a safe transition house, and offering support services for abused women and children on the North Shore for over 35 years. Sadly, the need for our services has not diminished during these three decades.
Through our work, we collaborate with first responders and many other social service providers such as the RCMP, medical professionals and community-based victim service workers.
We provide women and their children with safe shelter, support, referrals and information so they can make informed choices, as well as a 24-hour Women’s Support Line. We strive to empower women to make changes that give them more confidence and hope for a healthier, happier future.
NSCSS is a registered charity that receives funding from the Province of BC, Disctrict of North Vancouver, City of North Vancouver and District fo West Vancouver.
Learn more about NSCSS here
Charity Number: BN 10778 4316 RR0001.
NSCSS STATISTICS FOR 2016
SAGE TRANSITION HOUSE AND SAGE SECOND STAGE:
• 109 women and 89 children were housed
• 357 women were turned away
• 18 pets were housed
• 1,195 crisis calls were received
• 195 women and 245 children accessed our community programs (Outreach, Multicultural Outreach, Homeless Prevention Program and Adolescent & Children’s Empowerment programs)
• 1,862 support calls
GOOD STUFF CONNECTION CLOTHING PROGRAM AND THRIFT STORE:
• 10,670 bags and boxes of clothing and small household items were donated
• 294 adults and 255 children used clothing gift certificates to shop for free at GSC